The type of personal information that we collect about you depends on the type of dealings you have with us. For example, if you:
Further, there may be occasions where we obtain your personal information from other sources such as information services providers or a publicly maintained record including but not limited to:
- are a purchaser or prospective purchaser of land or a house and land package – we will collect your name, address, contact details, details of the land or house and land package that you are interested in or have agreed to purchase (such as the location and size of the land and the design and specifications of the house), and, if you are purchasing from us, the terms of your contract (including price), payment details, information relating to your financing arrangements (such as your bank details and how much money you are borrowing) and contact details for your authorised representatives (such as your lawyer)
- are a supplier to us – we will collect your name and contact details, details about the goods or services you supply and payment details
- send us an enquiry, complete an enquiry form or provide us with feedback, - we will collect your name and contact details, details about the goods or services you supply and payment details
- fill in a contact form at one of our display homes – we will collect your name, address, contact details, details of the properties you are interested in (including price ranges) and how your heard about us or the relevant property development
- ask us to send you information about our products and services- we will collect your name, address, contact details, details of the properties you are interested in and how you heard about us or the relevant property development
- apply for a job with us, we will collect the information you include in your job application, including your cover letter, resume, contact details and referee reports
We may also collect personal information about you when conducting market research.
- the Land Titles Office;
- relevant State and Territory Valuers General;
- real estate agents; and
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission.
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is generally afforded a higher level of privacy protection, such as health information. We only collect sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities and either:
For example, we may collect:
- the individual has consented; or
- we are required or authorised by or under law to do so.
- your nationality of birth; and
- whether you are part of a trade union or trade association.
Collection of information other than personal information through our website
When you visit our website, some of the information that is collected about your visit is not personal information, as it does not reveal your identity.
Site visit information
For example, we record your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you visited, any documents you downloaded, the previous site you visited and the type of device, browser and operating system you used.
We use and disclose this information in anonymous, aggregated form only, for purposes including statistical analysis and to assist us to improve the functionality and usability of our website. You are not individually identified, however we reserve the right to use or disclose this information to try to locate an individual where we reasonably believe that the individual may have engaged in any unlawful or inappropriate activity in connection with our website, or where we are otherwise required or authorised by law to do so.
A cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies we use do not identify individual users, although they do identify the user's internet browser.
We only use non-persistent cookies. That is, they are held on your browser's memory only for the duration of your session
Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive them, you can adjust your internet browser to reject cookies, or to notify you when they are being used. There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Rejecting cookies can, however, limit the functionality of our website.
Online Behavioural Advertising
We use advertising programs that place cookies on your computer to collect information about your browsing history (including on external websites). This information, which does not identify you personally, is collected in order to improve your online experience by customising the advertising you see to your interests (including the display of more relevant ads on external websites). You can opt out of these programs at any time by clicking here.
What if you don't provide us with your personal information?
We will provide individuals with the option of not identifying themselves, or of using a pseudonym, when dealing with us if it is lawful and practicable to do so. A pseudonym is a name or other descriptor that is different to an individual’s actual name.
For example, you can access our website and make general phone queries without having to identify yourself.
In some cases however, if you don't provide us with your personal information when requested, we may not be able to provide you with the product or service that you are seeking. For example, you must identify yourself to a member of our accounts team in order to check on the status of a payment made to/or by us.